Then Ministerial Resolution 121 of 2015 Regarding Fencing has twenty two rules about fencing:
First – the general conditions for work site fencing:
- You must not put the fence on the road or pavement without taking prior permission to do so by the competent municipality.
- You must not put the fence as to hamper the movement or location lanes that lead to the location of the work or services or the passage of the arrival of emergency vehicles or hinder their movement.
- Height of the fence should be at least 2 meters and not more than 5.50 meters and have consistent measurements so that it is covering the site in all its aspects.
- Holes between the fence boards of not more than (8 cm) from the bottom, pharmacy and not in excess of (30 cm) from the ground in places where there is no storage of volatile materials, such as sand or leaves or small cut timber or gravel and other. If there are volatile materials, the fence must not have openings as mentioned above.
- You must put a net of green transparent fiber solid enough to cover the scaffolding and the building, any small openings should not allow substances arising as a result of work to fly out, and in the case of a miniature materials such as sand or dust wood cardboard must be placed on the scaffolding from the outside. This procedure is mandatory for buildings overlooking the streets or sidewalks of less than 5 meters or if they are adjacent to the buildings at a distance of less than 10 meters.
- You must leave a distance of not less than one (1.5) meters of sidewalks for the passage of pedestrians if the building is closed completely, and may exploit part of the sidewalk for a temporary fence, and that after taking the approval of the competent municipality.
- You must protect passers-by from any falling or scattered material from the work site through the establishment of safe corridors covered up at least (2.40 meters) from the sidewalk with the provision of adequate lighting.
- You must create a safe passage in case of exploitation of the sidewalk’s full width not less than (1.50 meters) and height not less than (1.20 meters), with proper concrete barriers, and slopes and handles as need be, and the provision of adequate lighting and the development of optical signal warnings, official approvals from the relevant municipal and traffic management departments and other authorities should be secured as well.
- Approval by the neighbors is necessary in the case of the exploitation of part of the land adjacent to the site that does not exceed one meter from the limits of the work site, and provided that it does not affect the property of neighbors in any form.
- Boxes must be placed to protect the equipment of public interest in the case the fence is near the passage, and provided that these boxes do not cause any impediment to access them in the event of service or regular maintenance of the equipment.
- Load-bearing columns of the fence must be strong and tightly installed on concrete bases and not exceed the limits of the ground.
- The fence must be painted as determined by the competent municipal, and must also obtain the prior approval of the competent municipal If there is to be a change in the color.
- Signs and company logos placed on the fence about must not exceed 5% of its area, and municipal approval of ads, logos or banners that the company would like placing them on the wall with the provision of the scheme shows the final form of the fence.
- Provide blueprints to the municipality that show the form and details of the temporary fences to be built and their location on the ground.
- Provide detailed architectural and erection drawings of the fences, which exceed the height of the previous conditions, in order to obtain approval before proceeding with work.
- You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the fence and its restoration and removal upon completion of the project.
- You will be fully responsible for the damage to the street or the floor by the placing of the fence, and its restoration to its original state.
Second – special temporary fence conditions in the case of demolition:
In addition to the conditions above, you comply with the following:
- You should put a steel net fence with openings no more than (5 × 5) cm squared and a distance of not more than (2.5 meters) between the installed columns grille and with vents not more than 10 cm from the ground, before the initiation of demolition.
- You must cover the iron grille in the case of a volatile material spreading from the site, including the following:panels of wood with a minimum thickness (0.6) cm.
paneled tin with thickness of not less than (0.8) cm.
Third – special temporary fence conditions in the case of excavations:
In addition to the general conditions of the fence on you must comply with the following:
- You should put a solid barriers (concrete) around the excavations carried out near the campus of the road and for sites deeper than 50 cm. Excavations far from the campus of the road suffice in having a net and warning signs.
- You must put warning signs lit continuously and phosphorous signals on both sides of the excavation.
- You must put temporary barriers made of netting or wood on the excavation site if the depth is less than 50 cm, and in both cases must put signals or traffic signs or instructions around the region.