JOB DESCRIPTION - BILINGUAL ACCOUNTANT
Sultan Al-Abdulla & Partners (“SAP”) is seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Bilingual Accountant with strong accounting experience. The successful candidate should have a degree in Accounting or equivalent and must be a native Arabic speaker and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and proficient in using of accounting software such as QuickBooks. The candidate must ensure to maintain a professional and pleasant outlook at all times to reflect the positive image of SAP. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform accounting operations based on accounting principles and firm’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that statements and records comply with policies and procedures.
- Prepare and finalize financial statements as required.
- Participate to the required level in computing taxes and preparing tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc.
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure receivables are collected in time.
- Conduct month-end and year-end close/reconciliation process.
- Develop periodic reports for management.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures.
- Keep information confidential and secure them.
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems to keep up to date.
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits.
- Organize and maintain financial records.
- Monitor accounts to identify overdue invoices.
- Compile and evaluate information needed to collect delinquent accounts; take action as per firm’s Collection Policy and recommend best practice.
- Keeping accurate records and reporting on collection activity as required.
- The ability to maintain trustful relationships with clients, and ensure timely payments against dues.
- Attend routine meetings when required to support the firm to achieve its business objectives.
- Maintaining good professional relationship within the firm and externally.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience in similar roles held at professional services companies preferably in Qatar of 3-4 years or more. If you are interested in pursuing this position, we will be glad to receive your application here.