JOB DESCRIPTION – OFFICE MANAGER
Direct Reporting to: Managing Partner
Functional Reporting to: Managing Partner and Partners
Coordinates with: Legal Manager and Head of Accounts and Admin
Statement of the Job:
In coordination with the Managing Partner, the Office Manager serves as the lead officer on all office administration related responsibilities. Office Manager undertakes a range of functions to make sure the day-to-day administration activities and firm processes within Sultan Al-Abdulla & Partners run smoothly.
Specific duties will vary considerably according to specific needs of the Firm. These includes but are not limited to:
Responsibilities of the Office Manager are divided into six categories:
- Practice Management
- Financial Management (shared responsibility with the Head of Accounts and Admin)
- Human Resource Management
- Facilities and Equipment Management (shared responsibility with IT)
- Information Technology Management (shared responsibility with IT)
- Business Development (shared responsibility with the Legal Manager)
Overview of the Tasks
- Management of the firm’s daily operations and administrative processes, and ensuring a smoothly functioning and efficient organization.
- Oversee the firm’s human resources function from recruitment and selection, employee relations, training and development and health and safety.
- Developing strategic action plans for the administrative operations and business development activities of the firm.
- Managing the reporting of the billable and non-billable hours in coordination with the IT and Accounts Department for the partners review on a weekly basis and the year-end time entry summary report prior to annual staff evaluations.
- Managing the fiscal activities of the support department for the firm including budgeting and reporting.
- Supervising the preparation of monthly billing in coordination with the accounts department to ensure timely issuance of invoices and collection of fees thereof.
- Acting as a focal point for all personnel matters including leave and annual ticket management and/or business trip schedules, performance evaluation, grievances etc.
- Managing the firm’s recruitment process for lawyers and support staff as per SAP Recruitment Policy including onboarding support.
- Management of support staff including training and development and performance evaluation.
- Ensure the upkeep of the office premises, office supplies and equipment, and general health and safety guidelines.
- Oversee the use of the firm’s digital software for time entry (TimeSolv) and document management (Doccept) to ensure efficient usage.
- Project management and/or event management.
- Build or maintain vendor relationships both new and existing.
- Act as a liaison between SAP and its affiliate offices and extend support, as required.
- Other duties and/or shared responsibilities with the Legal Manager and/or Head of Accounts and Admin as assigned by the Managing Partner.
Internal Contacts All Staff
External Contacts Recruitment Agencies, Clients, Third Party Contractors, Government Officials, etc.
Working Conditions Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require overtime working hours.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in a professional services or Law Firm is essential.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Sound knowledge of office procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport with upper level managements.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of the team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Patient, team-player, accurate (detail-oriented), reliable, responsible, loyal and punctual.